Although the trends of digital marketing change quite often, many trends still occupy the first lines. This is not surprising, since most of the following things will be relevant for many years.
1. Focus on video
A beautiful picture a priori attracts attention faster than text. And if this is a high-quality 2-minute video, then there is a desire to watch it.
- about 70% of users share their favorite brand’s new video;
- 83% of corporations claim that video content has increased their conversion;
- 96% of buyers are sure that the video helps them to understand the product in more detail;
- 65% of users visit the site, and 39% call the seller after viewing;
- 87% of companies use video as a marketing tool.
All this does not mean that images and text lose relevance. Nevertheless, video is the brightest and most effective tool to convey information to the audience. Among the younger generation, online video has completely displaced watching TV.
With all this statistics, many marketers understand that video is not a bubble at all, but an effective way to attract attention. In almost all cases, the percentage of positive results reaches 90%.
2. YouTube as a separate tool
This service is worth highlighting, since its popularity and usefulness today has increased significantly. First of all, many companies advertise themselves on adjacent channels. For example, on the construction advertising channel, you will certainly be introduced to several building materials stores.
- 87% of video marketers are actively using the channel on YouTube;
- 80% of them confirmed that due to this they were able to achieve success faster;
- 88% plan to use the channel in the future.
It is likely that YouTube occupies a separate place in the marketing strategy of most companies.
3. Social networks
Immediately turn to the numbers:
- one and a half billion users show high activity on Facebook;
- about 2 billion messages are sent between buyers and sellers via Facebook;
- WhatsApp has 1.3 billion active users;
- about 55 billion messages are sent via WhatsApp daily.
You can continue this list indefinitely. Social advertising networks take a significant share of our time, but we cannot do anything about it. At the age of 20-35, users spend an average of one and a half hours a day checking all social networks.
4. Content personalization
Even with the usual surfing on the net, the user’s goal is to quickly find what he likes. We want to get exactly the content that we need at a certain moment. This means that marketers need to personalize their messages and deliver them at the right time.
5. Spam control
How often do you clean your email from annoying ads? It is impossible to get rid of this, since sending out emails is one of the recent marketing trends.
The issue is that ad-type spam is a big problem with today’s Internet. We do not really like advertising. But when it’s too much on the site, there’s no desire to stay there. Try searching for an apartment for rent for a day. For the next two weeks in all connected devices under a Google account you will be offered apartments even for purchase. And it is very exhausting.